Yukon angling licences

person fishing

YG photo

You must have a valid Yukon angling (fishing) licence if you want to fish in Yukon. Licences are valid from April 1 to March 31.

Get Yukon Angling Licence Online

Quick Tour

You can purchase a fishing license online using Environment Yukon eServices, or from an angling licence vendors.

Licence fees

  Season 6 Day 1 Day
Yukon/Alaska* Resident $15 -- --
Canadian Resident $25 $15 $10
Non-Resident (US & Overseas) $35 $20 $10
Senior - Yukon Resident Free    
Minor (Youth Under 16) Free    
First Nations or Inuit Free    


* Alaska residents must produce a current Alaska Resident Sport Fishing Licence and government-issued photo identification to qualify for this rate.


back to top


You must carry your licence on your person when fishing and produce it when asked to do so by a Conservation or Fishery Officer. Paper licences with a signature block must be signed. Electronic licences, including printed copies, do not need to be signed.

If your paper licence is lost or destroyed it must be replaced at a Yukon Department of Environment office for a fee of $2. If your electronic licence is lost or destroyed, you can get another copy from your Environment Yukon eServices account without any fees.

back to top

Licences for minors (youth under 16)

Yukon residents under 16 years of age may fish with or without a licence, must follow all fishing regulations, and are entitled to their own catch limits. They do not need to be accompanied by a licence holder.

Canadian residents and non-residents under 16 years of age may fish with or without a licence and must follow all fishing regulations. If they are fishing with a licence, they are entitled to their own catch limits and do not need to be accompanied by another licence holder. If they are fishing without a licence, they must be accompanied by a licence hold and their catch is counted as part of the catch limit of that licence holder.

It is unlawful to use another person’s Angling Licence or Salmon Conservation Catch Card, or allow another person to use yours.

back to top

Yukon-BC transboundary waters

Yukon and BC angling licences are valid on all parts of the following transboundary waters: Bennett, Laidlaw, Morley, Tagish and Teslin lakes (not including inlet or outlet streams); Rancheria River, Swift River and their tributaries.

When fishing BC sections of these waters you must comply with all BC fishing regulations including tackle restrictions. Please note that the use of bait fish is prohibited in BC waters.

back to top

Fishing in national parks

Yukon angling licences are not valid in Kluane, Ivvavik or Vuntut national parks. If you plan to fish in any of these parks, you must first obtain a national park fishing licence from a Parks Canada office. For more information phone (867) 634-7250.

back to top

Contact Client Services

Phone: 867-667-5652
Toll-free (in Yukon, NWT & Nunavut):
1-800-661-0408 ext. 5652
Fax: 867-393-7197

Email: environmentyukon@gov.yk.ca
Address: Box 2703 (V-3A) Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada Y1A 2C6