Salmon Conservation Catch Card

If you want to fish for salmon in Yukon you need a valid Salmon Conservation Catch Card and a Yukon angling licence.

The Salmon Conservation Catch Card is administered by Fisheries and Oceans Canada. The catch card captures pertinent information about an angler’s fishing activity.


If you want to fish for salmon (other than Kokanee or stocked salmon) in Yukon waters you must purchase a Salmon Conservation Catch Card. Catch cards are available to licensed anglers only. The current catch card is valid from April 1 to November 30. You must carry the catch card with you when angling for salmon, and produce it when asked to do so by a Conservation or Fishery Officer.

Recording your catch

Fisheries and Oceans Canada sets out some guidelines for the information you need to submit when catching salmon. Learn more about recording your catch, returning the catch card and other details on the Fisheries and Oceans Canda website.

Be aware that failure to comply with any of these regulations could result in a fine or legal action.


Contact Fish and Wildlife, Fisheries

Phone: 867-667-5721
Toll free (in Yukon, NWT & Nunavut):
1-800-661-0408 ext. 5721
Fax: 867-393-6263

Email: fisheries@gov.yk.ca
Address: Box 2703 (V-5A) Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada Y1A 2C6