Hunter Education and Ethics Development

HEED logo

Improve your hunting skills with the Hunter Education and Ethics Development (HEED) course.

Who needs to take a course

Yukon hunters born after April 1, 1987 must complete this course to get a hunting licence.

Take the Hunter Education and Ethics Development course

  1. Register for HEED and complete the online part of the course.
  2. Complete at least 8 hours of online course material to get your online completion number. This number will be used to register for the classroom session.
  3. Choose an in-class session to attend.
  4. Contact your local Conservation Officer Services office to register for a classroom session. Make sure you have your online completion number handy.

Schedule of upcoming classroom sessions








There are no classroom sessions scheduled at this time. Check back later or contact the Hunter Education and Outreach Officer to arrange a classroom session in your community.

What you'll learn

Other courses you may need

Canadian Firearms Safety Course (CFSC)

Canadian residents 18 and over must pass this course to own or buy firearms and ammunition. You can take the CFSC through the Whitehorse Rifle and Pistol Club. Private contractors teach the course in communities.

Learn more about getting your Possession and Acquisition Licence from the Canadian Firearms Program website.

Additional resources


Like us on Facebook



Contact Conservation Officer Services

Phone (Whitehorse): 867-667-8005

Toll-free (in Yukon, NWT and Nunavut): 1-800-661-0408, ext. 8005 

Fax: 867-393-6206

Email: coservices@gov.yk.ca

Address: Box 2703 (V-18) Whitehorse, Yukon Canada Y1A 2C6

Contact the Hunter Education and Outreach Officer
Phone: (867) 667-5617
Toll-free (in Yukon, NWT and Nunavut):
1-800-661-0408, ext. 5617