Proposed developments within trapping concessions

Trapping concession holders in Yukon

To be notified of development projects in your concession area, you should set up an account with the Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Board (YESAB) Online Registry.

You are also encouraged to make contact with your nearest YESAB designated office.

Projects within concession areas

The Yukon Environmental and Socio-economic Assessment Act (YESAA) outlines an assessment process for most development projects in Yukon.

YESAA rules allow a minimum of 14 calendar days for notification and comments on projects that have a low potential for significant impacts.

If trapping concession holders depend on Environment Yukon staff to contact them in cases where a project may impact their concession, the 14-day time limit may be restrictive.

If you have comments on development projects within a concession area, you can send your feedback directly to your local YESAB office. You can also send your comments to Environment Yukon so we are aware of any concerns.


Contact Client Services

Phone: 867-667-5652
Toll-free (in Yukon, NWT & Nunavut):
1-800-661-0408 ext. 5652
Fax: 867-393-7197

Email: environmentyukon@gov.yk.ca
Address: Box 2703 (V-3A) Whitehorse, Yukon, Canada Y1A 2C6