Apply for a wilderness tourism licence and submit reports


Apply for a wilderness tourism licence

Do I need a licence?

You need a wilderness tourism licence if you take clients into the Yukon wilderness for a fee or reward.

You don't require a licence to rent out equipment for wilderness trips if you don't guide or accompany clients, but you still need to report rentals to Yukon Parks.

See the list of current licensed operators.

Some operators may not secure their licence until later in the summer. The 2017-2018 licensed operators icon image - this is a pdf file (96 KB)  may also be used as a reference.

Before you apply

You will need:

Read What Wilderness Tourism Operators Need to Know icon image - this is a pdf file (266 KB) for more details.

Apply for a licence

  1. Complete the application icon image - this is a pdf file (36 KB).
    You can also pick up an application from the Yukon Parks office in Whitehorse.
  2. A licence costs $100.
  3. Submit your application and fee, along with copies of all required documents, by mail, email, fax or in person, to Yukon Parks.

Submit your required reports

All wilderness tourism operators must report their trips and required information to Yukon Parks by May 31 for winter activities and October 31 for summer activities. You can submit the following reports by email, fax, mail or in person.

Day trips

Multi-day trips

The following information is not required under the Wilderness Tourism Licensing Act, but will help us have a better sense of wilderness tourism activity in Yukon:



Additional resources


Contact the Wilderness Tourism Licensing Act Registrar

Phone: 867-667-5648
Toll-free (in Yukon, NWT & Nunavut):

1-800-661-0408, ext. 5648

Fax: 867-393-6223

Email: yukon.parks@gov.yk.ca

Mailing Address:

Government of Yukon
Yukon Parks Branch

Box 2703 (V-4)
Whitehorse, Yukon  Y1A 2C6

Office Address: Building 1271 - 9029 Quartz Road, Whitehorse, Yukon

Hours: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.