Camping & RVs
Wilderness Travel & Land Use
- Into the Yukon Wilderness
- Leave No Trace
- Wilderness Tourism Operators
- Park Permits
- Dempster Hwy Development Permit
Conservation Area Planning
Hunting in Yukon
Fishing in Yukon
Trapping in Yukon
- Trapping Regulations
- Humane Trapping Standards
- Proposed Developments Within
- Yukon Trapper Profiles
Hunter & Trapper Education & Resources
- Wildlife Viewing Program
- Wildlife Viewing Strategy
- Wildlife Viewing Events
- Viewing Tips & Etiquette
- Best Viewing Sites
- Through the Seasons
- Bird Watching
- Swan Haven
- Celebration of Swans
- Southern Lakes Bear Study
- Winter Ticks
- Wildlife Diseases & Contaminants
- Wildlife Management Modelling
Animal Health and Protection
Fish & Wildlife Planning
- Climate Change and Yukon
- Climate Change Action Plan
- Impacts of Climate Change
- Climate Change Adaptation
- Reducing GHG Emissions
- Climate Change & Youth
- Yukon Government Initiatives
Air & Water
Waste & Chemicals
Clean Northern Living
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Spill Reporting
- Help Stop Invasive Species
- Turn in Poachers & Polluters (TIPP)
- Warming Up Your Vehicle
- ATV Use in Yukon
- Wood Burning Tips
- Human-Wildlife Conflict
- Orphaned or Injured Wildlife
- Homeowners & Urban Wildlife
- Bear Safety
- Cougar Safety
Environment Yukon eServices
- Canada's Parks Day
- Volunteer Opportunities in Yukon Parks
- How You Can Help Wildlife Studies
- Environmental Awareness Fund
- Joining Boards, Councils & Committees
- Pesticide Application Permit
- Spay-Neuter Program Evaluation
- Permitting System
- Developing Animal Health Act Regulations
- EnviroWild Resources for Educators
- Resource Guides
- Backyard Biodiversity
- BIGFOOT/littlefoot Game
- Environment Education Links
About the Department
Maps & GIS Data
Climate change resources and initiatives
The Government of Yukon already has many actions underway which help us adapt to climate change impacts or reduce our greenhouse gas emissions.
Ultimately it will be the collective action of Yukoners that determines whether or not we will successfully adapt to climate change in the North.
Find information on what the Yukon government is doing about climate change on our Climate Change Action Plan page.
Provides comprehensive, robust and reliable Yukon-specific climate data in a single location.
The State of the Environment Report provides information on climate change, air, water, land, and fish and wildlife and uses indicators to track and interpret change.
|Pan-Territorial Adaptation Strategy (2011)
Communicates the adaptation priorities of the three Territories to the general public and to national and international partners. It will guide actions and approaches to adaptation in Yukon and across the North.
Climate Change Strategy (2006) 3.2 MB
Sets out the government's role and key goals for its response to climate change.
A summary of all Yukon government actions in response to climate change during the period 2006 to 2007.
An online space for communities, researchers and decision-makers to share climate change adaptation knowledge.
Climate change adaptation activities, events, news and resources for the three territories.
The Northern Climate ExChange provides a credible independent source of information, develops shared understanding and promotes action on climate change in northern Canada.
The Energy Solutions Centre programs promote an increase in
energy efficiency in Yukon homes and businesses and an increased understanding,
use and development of Yukon's renewable energy resources.
The Government of Yukon’s leader in providing information on healthy, energy efficient designs and products for houses.
The Energy Strategy for Yukon
Details a long-term vision for the responsible development of energy resources for the benefit of Yukon's people, businesses and the environment.
The Energy Strategy, December 2010 Progress Report provides the status of the priority actions.
Contact the Climate Change Secretariat